A couple of weeks ago I was at XP 2004. Due to my goldfish-like memory I’ve already started forgetting what happened, but here’s some things I do remember:
- It was good to meet new people, like Angela Martin, Rick Mugridge, Charlie Poole and the Exoftware folk
- It was good to catch up with people I’ve met before like Josh Kerievsky and hang out with my fellow Fowlbots Chris Stevenson, Chris Matts, Ivan Moore, Martin Fowler, Owen Rogers and Steve Freeman
- Hot Topic number 1 – the customer role (including a great panel.) Chris Matts has blogged a tonne about this so go read it!
- Hot Topic number 2 – acceptance tests. There’s a still a huge amount of debate about what an acceptance test is, and how to implement them (e.g. Fit is not a panacea).
- Talked with Charlie (NUnit) and Owen (fellow CruiseControl.NET project lead) and others about .NET tools. We’re going to work more on Mono compatibility if we get some time
- I presented my paper on Enterprise Continuous Integration. The demo I gave is available here, the paper is available here.